Happy Sunday guys! This week I’m breaking down how I achieved this purple and blue eye makeup with flawless skin and a nude lip. In a change to the usual way I do this kind of post, I’m going to be listing exactly what I did with each product so that’s it’s more like a step by step guide. I’m also writing this in the exact order I do these steps, so if you think something seems a bit weird, it’s probably because I do things in a slightly different way for a longer wearing makeup! Let me know if you like that kind of format or if you’d rather it was just a list of the products I use!
I was kind of inspired for this look by the gorgeous pastel colours in my Zoeva Sweet Glamour palette, but I wanted it to be quite a bit brighter and more bold than light, pastel shadows, so I just used them as a starting point for the colour story. I’ve also used a few new products for this look that I’m loving, and a couple that I’m not!
- Prime with Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base in shade Rose (an old faithful when it comes to adding instant dewiness and radiance under foundation)
- Conceal dark circles and breakouts, using fingers, with NYX Concealer Wand in Porcelain
- Contour with any cream contour of your choice, the Sleek MakeUP is still my all time favourite for contouring pale skin
- With a big fluffy brush, dust a light layer of translucent loose powder all over to set all the above. I picked this tip up from the incomparable Wayne Goss, who does a much better job of explaining how and why this works right here
- Apply foundation – I’m still loving the L’Oreal Infallible 24hr foundation in Porcelain – and I applied this using a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which I am loving! This brush was such a nice surprise to me as it lays down product really beautifully so it’s definitely a new favourite
- Spot conceal any areas that are still showing a little and don’t forget to powder these down well with a fluffy brush
- Using a light reflective concealer, apply to the innermost corners of the eyes to lift any remaining shadows
- Powder as usual – I’m currently trying out the new(ish) Rimmel Insta Fix & Matte Powder and I like it so far as a setting powder
- Lightly re-introduce contour with a matte contour shade. You guys already know I use a black shadow and a very, very light hand to do this
- Highlight tops of cheekbones, tip of nose (lightly!) and cupids bow, as well as under the arch of my brows. I chose the Sleek MakeUP Solstice Highlighting Palette and used the peachy pink shade for this
- Finally, apply blush to the apples of the cheeks and blend up and out towards the temples. I’ve recently fallen in love with the L’Oreal Infallible Blush Paint Palette in the shade 01 Pink
- Eylure Brow Control and Shape Gel to brush through my brows and hold the general shape
- NYX Eyebrow Gel in black to fill in and darken. I also use this to extend the tail of each brow a tiny bit so it’s more dramatic
- I always take my concealer and foundation over my lids, so they’re already prepped for shadow application well in advance
- Using the Zoeva Sweet Glamour Palette, apply the matte white Fizzy Haze all over the lid
- Then using a big fluffy blending brush (like Mac’s 217) run the shade Daydream through the crease of the lid
- Do a wash of colour over the whole mobile lid using Spirits Held Desire
- I did a teeny tiny wing with L’Oreal’s Superliner Superstar felt tip liner in black
- Using a pencil brush, I ran the tiniest amount of Hybrid Moments, from the Kat Von D Chrysalis Palette, into the outer corner of my lid to deepen the colour more
- With a bright blue shadow from the Crown Smoke It Out Too palette, I blended it with the blue underneath the lower lash line to intensify the colour
- White eyeliner in the waterline
- A good coat of Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam masacara
- Eylure Camellia 3/4 lashes (limited edition but oh so pretty)
- L’Oreal Infallible Lip Paint Matte in Hollywood Beige
So the one thing I should point out is the lip colour I used for this look is not in any way, shape, or form, matte finish. You can even see the light reflecting off the glossy finish in all the photos, but I love the colour it is and it was actually really comfortable to wear, and lasted really well on a night out. I think my favourite thing about a look like this is that you can use whichever colour eyeshadows make your eyes really pop. I’m also loving the three quarter lashes from Eylure and will definitely wear again. They were so comfortable and lasted all night long as well which is always a bonus.
Let me know what you think of this more ‘tutorial’ step by step guide to my makeup looks!