Sunday again and it’s well and truly Christmas Party season! I have to admit, I’m not a massive one for Christmas parties – they mostly don’t happen on Skye anyway as all the businesses are so small! But when I do get the chance, I do like to head out for cocktails with friends and, of course, your festive face must be fierce AF.
So this week I thought I’d do a look inspired by a traditional Christmas colour scheme – red and gold! You could make this look a little more muted by adding a nude lip instead of the red, but I love to go all out at this time of year, so red won hands down.
When working with glitter, it’s a good idea to do your eyes first because you’ll get a ton of fall out! Then you can just clean up with some Micellar and a cotton pad and do your base as normal. This is also the perfect moment to sharpen up those lines on the outer corners.
For a full list of products used, see below 🙂
- Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base to prime
- L’Oreal Infallible 24H foundation in shade Porcelain
- Kat Von D Lock It Concealer in shade Light Neutral 01 to conceal and highlight
- Sleek MakeUP Cream Contour Palette in Light
- Chanel Cream Blush in shade 65 Affinite
- Kat Von D Lock It Setting Powder
- Crown ‘Smoke It Out Too’ eyeshadow palette
- NYX Glitter Primer
- NYX Face & Body Glitter in Red
- Rich Bitch from the Jeffree Star Beauty Killer Palette
- NYX Two Timer Eyeliner in black
- L’Oreal Miss Hippie Mascara
- Eylure Lashes #100
Lips: Mac Lipstick in Red Rock
For Christmas you can never go wrong with a bit of glitter and a red lip. It’s a real oldie but a goodie if you ask me. Plus it’s a great excuse to use all those eyeshadows that are that bit too sparkly for every day! You could obviously make this look even more wearable by using a shadow instead of a red glitter, or using a neutral shade instead of the gold, but for Christmas parties and cocktail nights, I don’t think you can beat a full on festive face of fierceness!