Well happy Sunday my lovely travellers! I’m super excited this week because the gorgeous Maja from Contemplating Style nominated me for the Liebster Award! Honestly never thought I’d be nominated for anything, never mind an award given by other bloggers, so I’m really thrilled and thank you so much Maja 🙂
So here are the rules:
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 11 other blogs with under 200 followers and ask them 11 questions (let them know you nominated them)
Let’s get started 🙂
11 facts about myself:
- I’m originally English, having moved to the Isle of Skye in 2010.
- I’m a classically trained ballet dancer, starting at the tender age of three and getting to Intermediate level pointe, before giving it up because life got in the way!
- Because of my dance training, I was lucky enough to audition for the Royal Ballet School in London…twice. I failed to get accepted…twice! Still a great experience though 🙂
- I have 2 brothers, and no female cousins, making me the only girl in my generation of my entire family.
- I adore country music! Anything from classic Johnny Cash to Lady Antebellum, Sugarland, Rascal Flatts, I just love it all!
- When I was 8, cows got into the garden of our holiday accomodation here on Skye and ran after my brother and I. He refused to close the door on the charging cow and I remember screaming and screaming at him thinking it could get into the house and trample me. It couldn’t, obviously, but I was 8! Anyway, it left me with a huge fear of cows that makes it impossible for me to be near them without freaking out.
- I’m addicted to watching YouTubers play horror games. I just find it so funny watching other people playing these games and commentating them. My favourites are Pewdiepie and Dan & Phil right now.
- I naturally have zero will-power. If you leave a chocolate bar anywhere near me, it will be gone by the time you come back for it. I will not be sorry, I will have no regrets, and I will have it all down my front as well.
- I used to bite my nails really, really badly. It took me years of trying and failing to grow my nails and make my hands look presentable. My nails are really thin and weak from all the years of biting, so I have to take really good care of them now and it’s a bit of a nightmare!
- I love to read. Whether it’s my favourite ever book or a new story, I adore reading. I don’t feel like I get enough time to do it these days, but I try to keep up with it as best I can. My favourite book of all time is ‘Pride and Prejudice’ by Jane Austen.
- I’m very strict when it comes to the people I have around me. I don’t want to be around negative or toxic people, so if I believe a person’s company is bad for me, I’ll cut them off immediately. My logic behind it is that if you stress me out, or cause me negative feelings more often than nice positive ones, then you’re having a negative impact on my life and I don’t want to be around you. It sounds harsh, but it means I have the smallest but best group of people around me I could ever ask for.
Now, the questions from my nominator:
- How did you get into makeup?
When I was about 7, I began competing in dance shows. You have to wear makeup on stage so that the judges can see your cute wee face, so all the competitors had orange faces, blue eyeshadow and red lips… except me. My Mum decided no daughter of hers wouldn’t be blended to the Gods, so I got smokey eyes, lashings of mascara, and perfectly matched foundation! She was also really laid back at letting me raid her makeup drawer, but probably only because she knew I wouldn’t ruin it all like most little kids!
- When in hurry, what is your go-to oufit and makeup?
My entire wardrobe is black and grey, so I just grab whatever’s nearest to me and, luckily, it all co-ordinates. My go to makeup is incredibly simple – foundation, concealer, blush, brows and mascara. It’s really quick and simple, but you look pulled together which I like.
- What do you like to “do” on the lazy days when you don’t have any obligations?
Ah lazy days! I like to sleep in late, since I’m not a morning person. Usually on a lazy day I’ll literally do nothing. Maybe lunch with my boyfriend, if the weather’s nice maybe a little walk. But generally I get up, drink tea, eat, and watch Netflix!
- If you could choose a secret superpower, what would it be?
Oh man, there’s so many to choose from! Umm.. since it would be a secret, I’d choose the ability to multiply things at will. Nearly finished that cake? Boom, 2 more slices instead of one. Only £2.00 left in your bank? Blam, now you have £4.00. Notice a few less bees in your garden? Ka-pow, bee population saved, the planet thanks you Super Hero. That would be a great power I think.
- What are your hobbies?
Currently my hobbies are blogging, photography, reading and working my way through a bucket list of places around Skye that I’d love to visit. I’ve lived here for 6 years now and have seen so little, so I’ve got a Pinterest board of places that I want to visit, and I’m working my way through them very slowly!
- Which style are you most comfortable with, and which would be the most out of your comfort zone?
I’m definitely most comfortable in “all black everything” styles. I like to think that my style is pretty classical, as I don’t really like to follow the trends. I prefer to try and be more ‘chic’… Not sure I manage it though! And the style that would be most outside of my comfort zone would have to be something really colourful or out-there. Pastel Goth is gorgeous but I couldn’t do it; I’d also really struggle with being on trend all the time. A lot of fashion just goes over my head!
- What is your favourite bedroom decoration?
My favourite piece would have to be a black box frame that my Mum got me for my 17th birthday. At the Country Living Country Fair we found a woman who made these frames with vintage bits and bobs in them, done in a theme of an old movie star. I chose an Audrey Hepburn in ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’ theme. Under the black and white photo of Audrey is a string of pearls, a vintage perfume bottle, vintage earrings, and it’s all framed with white flowers. It’s gorgeous.
- What kind of makeup posts do you like to read the most?
I’m torn with this one because I love reviews, but I also really like the fun tags that people do. ‘What’s in my makeup bag?’ posts are always really interesting, and I think ‘how much is my face worth’ is a brilliant tag (and I’ll have my own version of that up next week!). But reviews, especially for products that are a total fail, are really enlightening and can be very entertaining to read too.
- What would be your dream job?
Oh that’s easy! A writer. I’ve always wanted to write, and it’s only since starting my blog here that I’ve been able to keep to a routine of it.
- What was the most unique gift you ever got?
Hmm… That would probably have to be my Audrey frame again! It’s totally unique to me, as it was made to order, and no one else has the same exact combination of vintage items which I think makes it the most unique thing I’ve ever been given.
- What animal would be your spirit animal and why?
A cat! I have two cats of my own and I look at them and think “God you’re life is amazing, let me join you”! I could definitely sleep for 20 hours a day, and have someone do everything for me. Plus, I’m always cold, so a fur coat would be great, especially living on Skye in the winter!
Now for my questions for the nominees:
- How did you get into blogging?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite outfit for special occasions and why?
- What advice would you give your younger self?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
- What’s your worst beauty habit?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve and why?
- If you could spend one day in any era from history, which one would it be and why?
- What do you enjoy most about blogging and the blog community?
- You have 60 seconds to grab your most loved items before everything vanishes into thin air. What do you grab?
- Which beauty product has been the biggest disappointment for you and why?
And I nominate:
- Feeding My Vintage Addiction
- Makeup & Curls
- Bluefish Beauty
- When Life Gives You Lemons
- Manna Kadar Beauty
- Signature Blair
- The Opinionettes
- Life At 30 Something
If you stuck with me this far guys, thanks so much! It’s a long post today but I’m so thrilled to be doing this post for myself and getting to nominate other awesome blogs that are just starting out. Thanks again Maja 🙂