Happy Sunday fellow Travellers! This week I was thinking about what to post when it occured to me that I had a new Sleek MakeUP palette that I hadn’t tried out yet! Since the Solstice Highlighting Palette is such a huge hit with beauty writers and junkies the world over, I thought I would order more Sleek products and see if they matched the hype.
The Enchanted Forest eyeshadow palette is 12 shades of shimmer and matte shadows, usually retailing for £8.99, which is a great price itself. But it just so happens that Boots are doing a buy one get one half price offer on all Sleek MakeUP right here, so if you’re not sure how you feel about Sleek, go and get yourself a bargain and try it for yourself. Spoiler – you won’t be disappointed. See below for a full list of products used to create this look.
- MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Skin
- MAC Cosmetics Full Coverage foundation in NC15
- Sleek MakeUP Cream Contour Kit in Light
- NYX Concealer in shade Porcelain
- MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Fig 1 for blush
- Coty Airspun Powder in Transclucent to set everything
- Sleek MakeUP Solstice Highlighting Palette
Brows: NYX Eyebrow Gel in Black
Eyes (using Sleek MakeUP Enchanted Forest Palette):
- Glass Slipper all over lid and up to brow bone
- Beatrice applied through the crease and blended out
- Anastasia to further define the crease
- Happily Ever After applied all over the lid
- Chanel Illusion D’Ombre in shade Fantasme over the lid colour
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner in Noir Intense to tight line and on waterline
- Eylure false lashes in #107
- Glass Slipper & Fairy Godmother to highlight inner corners
- Beatrice and Anastasia blended out on lower lash line
Lips: Maybelline Colour Sensational Matte Lip Stick in shade Magnetic Magenta
I actually really like the Sleek palette. The colours are gorgeous, the price is excellent, and although its a bit difficult to blend, the pigmentation is amazing. The trick with this palette is to take your time and not lose patience. The colour builds really nicely but I did find myself getting a bit frustrated by the lack of blending! Super soft fluffy brushes are the best way to apply these colours.
All in all, great drugstore/high street palette with beautiful colours and good value for money. Would repurchase.