Happy Sunday everyone! At least I hope it’s happy and not full of frustration and annoyance like mine!

So as regular readers will know, I landed 2 brand collaborations a couple of months ago; the first being with Mirina Collections, and the second with their sister company Nora NYC.

My Mirina Collections Famous Necklace arrived, I reviewed it, I posted it on Instagram, everything I was meant to do as a brand ambassador. And then I went and ordered and paid for my Nora NYC designer sunglasses. That was in January – I’m still waiting for them to arrive. I’ve emailed Nora NYC and have received no reply. Their Instagram account has been taken down and they’ve left a wake of girls all out-of-pocket with no products to show for it. Once I found this out, I started digging further into Mirina too.

I can only say that compared to most girls, I’ve been lucky. I paid for a product and I received that product. I’ve had messages from other bloggers asking if they’re legit and as much as I hate having to post negative things on my blog, I can only say that no, Mirina Collections and any company affiliated with them are not legit. Do not buy from them, do not email them, do not become a brand ambassador.

There’s an Instagram account dedicated solely to exposing the scam Mirina Collections and Nora NYC pull; there’s even a blog dedicated to it which you can read here, which gives personal experiences, advice on how to get out of the Ambassador programme, and most importantly the “legal” bull**** that Mirina hit bloggers with when they’re slated online. It boils down to the simple fact that whatever legal jargon they throw at you, they can’t actually do anything legally.

And since no retraction or negative review is complete without proof of what I’ve found, below are a couple of screenshots I’ve taken comparing Mirina Collections so-called “hand-crafted, made to order” necklaces with others I’ve found on Amazon.com and Nicky Posh.

189
Quite obviously the same necklace, and a huge difference in price
190
Identical photo used for the product, again a massive difference in price.

There’s a lot more on other blogs I’ve read about this scam, but the basic gist is that Mirina is not designing and hand-crafting their necklaces. There’s also a lot of stories of bloggers never receiving their product, being refused a refund, and then being threatened legally by Mirina, not to mention products arriving broken, missing stones and having other defects. Other bloggers have reported that their followers have gone to use their unique discount code and found that that code doesn’t even exist.

As for Nora NYC, I’ve read that quite a few girls have paid for an order that has never arrived, and then found Nora NYC going back into their bank accounts and taking more money, being unresponsive to emails and phone calls, as well as brazenly copying a well-known Dior design and claiming it as their own work. If you’ve had anything to do with these companies, do keep an eye on your bank statement, don’t let other people use them and let me know what your experiences are! I’d love to see if anyone else is currently having the same issues with them that I am.

I’ll be deleting my original posts regarding these companies as I have no interest in being seen to endorse a product that is dishonest, fraudulent and obviously just designed to scam people out of their hard earned money. The final word I have on this is that I’m sorry to all my readers and followers for endorsing a company that is so dishonest, and I really hate having to post an article like this on my blog, but I’d rather say something and look a bit silly than have other girls be drawn into the scam.

Next week I’m posting a happier piece and will be back to Static Gypsy’s normal positive vibe!

Lx

You May Also Like

57 comments

Hi! I just found this post because I was looking to see if there was any reviews of Nora nyc because I was also contacted to work in collaboration with them, paid for my sunglasses and have yet to recieve them. Also experienced the same with them not replying to my emails! Absolutely ridiculous behavior!

It’s so frustrating isn’t it?! I’m still yet to hear anything from them; I’ve given up hoping now!

I am so glad I read this. I got a message in the evening and I was all excited and almost paid. But I had to read reviews first and I landed up here. Thanks there.

Glad I saved you from their scam Angelina! It’s unbelievable what they’ve gotten away with up until now. Thanks for reading 🙂

Sooooooooo happy I read this! I had a feeling something was weird when I saw the emails from both companies were almost identical. It’s sad they take advantage of people who are just excited to be noticed.

I’m glad it helped you! They’re very shady with how they behave when people write something bad about them as well. I’ve been blocked on the original Mirina account but their marketing accounts still comment on my Instagram posts asking me to DM them! Unbelievable!

Hey there, I am so glad I decided to research. I also was contacted by both brands. Good luck to you ladies!

Thank you Andrea! I’ve learnt my lesson from this and always do my research on brands before replying to them now.

OMG Thank you so much for writing this !!! i was contacted by noranyc today and i wrote them back; to my surprise they answered quickly!! too quickly that i got suspicious especially cuz i don’t have many followers at all so i searched for a scam and i found this.

They’re very quick to reply until you’ve got a problem! Then they vanish. When they contacted me I didn’t have many followers either and I wasn’t actively looking for brands to work with so it was very strange. Lesson learnt – do my research! Thanks for reading!

my god kinda late for me i send them a email they contacted me for became an affiliated . -.-

Joselina, just stop replying to them and don’t give them any of your hard earned money! You can get the exact same items on websites like Amazon for much less! Hope you get it sorted 🙂

Fml I just brought the sunglasses before reading this and I’m Australian I’m praying I received the sunglasses.

Has anyone ever received the sunglasses

I think a few girls have Courtney, but I certainly never have. I paid £40 nearly for them and they’ve never even had the decency to get back to me about where my order is or to offer a refund. Some folk must have had them though because there were reviews about the glasses online when I went looking into it. Mostly saying how nice they were, which is why I agreed to part with my money! I hope you get yours, it’s awful parting with money and then not getting the goods in return!

Wow! So glad I did a quick search and found your page! I was contacted by both companies and responded to MC (with excitement) and received a response this morning. Was about to shell out $45 for something I could buy on Amazon for $12. Yikes! Thanks!

I’m glad I was able to save you some money Cassaundra! Proof that doing your research is such an important step to take. Thanks for reading!

I was also recently contacted but like the other posts, did not understand why due to a small following and no interest to be affiliated with their product! So glad I found this post and that it is helping so many people see what they are doing!

Glad you managed to avoid the scam Jade! I wasn’t expecting this post to be so popular but I’m really pleased it’s helping small bloggers who are still finding their feet like me!

Thank you so much for this post! They have reached out to me a few times now about becoming an ambassador. Glad I did a little bit of research before responding…or rather, deleting. So sorry you had to deal with that headache!

xoxo – Kelly

A few times?! They’re so pushy! I’m so glad this post is helping other bloggers avoid the scam, it’s definitely making the headache worthwhile seeing how it’s saving people money and trouble! Thanks for reading 🙂 x

I too was approached via Instagram to be an ambassador for NORA NYC. I placed my order and used my discount code. Everything seemed legit. My card was charged. I was emailed an order number and told a tracking number would later come. I was also given a two day processing time line with a 5-7 day delivery estimation. That was a month ago. I have emailed numerous times asking for at least a tracking number so I have some idea as to where my package is. Once I was emailed back and told the tracking number would be provided within 24 hours. That was a week ago. I have since taken to Instagram, commenting on all their pictures with my story to warn other girls and maybe get a response out of them. I can not find a phone number to call for them. Does anyone have this? How do I get my money back? HELP HELP HELP
STAY AWAY FROM NORA NYC !!!!!

Hi Samantha, Nora NYC aren’t a legitimate business, even their ‘postal’ address is apparently just made up. You won’t be able to get a response out of them and unfortunately it would be very difficult and expensive to bring any case against them in order to get your money back. It sounds harsh, but you won’t get your money back I’m afraid. None of the other girls I’ve spoken to have, and I never got any response out of them either. I’m still £40 + shipping out of pocket. All we can do is what we already are – get out there online and try to stop other girls getting caught up by it. I’m sorry this has happened to you, I know it’s really frustrating and it made me so angry, but hopefully we can stop other girls having to lose out the same way!

Well done on calling out this con artist brand. They need to be shut down as soon as possible x

Thanks Katy, I’m just glad it’s helping other girls avoid their scam. Hopefully one day we won’t need to write about shady companies! Thanks for reading x

Thanks for the info. I was also called by NYC, but I found it very suspicious, so I went deeper and found your post. It was a bit difficult, because here in Brazil there are no reports of the company.

I’m glad you were able to find my post Scarlet, Mirina and Nora are definitely still trying to scam girls out of hard earned money so I’m really pleased you found my post and saved yourself some trouble! Thanks for reading 🙂

Thank you so much for your blog post!! I was contacted today via Instagram by BOHO QUEEN JEWELRY asking me to contact them as I’d be perfect as a brand ambassador yada yada. Well, if the brand is unknown I do searches first. Clicked their link which took me to NORA NYC so I looked them up and found you. Bless you homie for real! <3 <3 <3 I only hope girls after me think to research before giving these skeezebags any of their hard earned money~!

Ooh really?! They’re so sneaky! I might actually do an updated post about this and add in some research into Boho Queen Jewelry, if they’re trying to scam girls by using a fake business name then that might catch a few folk out! Thanks so much for reading Dusti, and for my favourite blog comment so far! “Bless you homie for real” is my new catchphrase haha! x

I too was contacted by Boho Queen Jewelry! It weirded me out that I could not find any information on their brand and that someone with less than 500 followers would be “Selected”. For some reason the company that contacted you kept showing up on my google search but I did not pay any mind and thought nothing of it. Fortunately, your blog post showed up on my search engine with boho queen jewelry under a description (most likely from your comments) and that’s what lead me to click and read your blog post. They are most definitely the same company because they have the same exact pictures as the Marina website! With their jewelry more expensive! I am so glad I listened to my gut and never pulled the trigger in buying an Item.

Here is the website incase you want to do more digging

Thank you for saving my credit card information! best of luck

Thanks so much for the link Christine! I’m seriously considering adding an edit to this post and doing a wee update about the Boho connection here. I had a look after reading Dusti’s comment and found the exact same thing so I’m assuming Nora NYC and Mirina have decided to use yet another front to get bloggers to part with their hard earned money and I’m sure there’ll be new bloggers who, like me, get so excited they only do a tiny bit of research. Will definitely be adding Boho Queen Jewelry to the tags on this post. Glad it helped you avoid their scam! Thanks for reading 🙂 x

So glad I found this post, they reached out to me yesterday, I was pretty excited but as I don’t have many followers I thought best to do some research as I found it a bit strange. Thank you for sharing your experience with them, looks like you have helped a lot of people from being scammed!! 😊x

I’m so glad my post helped you avoid so much trouble Leticia, it’s so nice to see how many people have avoided trouble from my post! I’m trying to get my post as promoted as possible because when I researched them I didn’t find anything until I really dug into it. I was too busy being excited with my first brand collabs! Thanks for reading 🙂 x

I’m in the same boat! They contacted me today. Did not pay them, thank goodness.

Well avoided Cadence! They’re still very active in recruiting bloggers obviously. Thanks for reading 🙂

Great job spreading the message on this scam, this is just another reason why if I get emails from brands I’ve never heard of for collaborations I usually don’t take the bait- it can be so risky!

Julia // The Sunday Mode

Thanks for reading Julia! I’ve definitely been older and wiser in my research and replies since this happened! I chalk it up to being an excitable new blogger 😉

Thank you so much for this post. I received emails and applied to them too. I haven’t ordered my glasses yet and thanks to you WON’T! They hounded me after being “accepted” about ordering and I emailed back telling them I was busy at the moment and didn’t have time to check out the selection yet. I thought this was a little fishy. Thanks again for this. I won’t be ordering from them.

Awh I’m so glad Kira! They’re very pushy and I can see how so many bloggers would feel pressured to go for it without proper research. I’m really pleased you’ll be saving your money from them! Thanks for reading x

Liv, thank you for writing this post! I was contacted by them to promote the NoraNYC Sunglasses and applied for their affiliate program. Soon I received and email from them saying I was accepted that I should choose a pair of sun glasses. Logically I started doing some research and saw many comments of people being scammed and finally reached your blog.
I’m lucky I didn’t place any order with them get and after reading your blog I will certainly not! Thank again you have avoided me and many other bloggers a real nightmare.

Hi Luli, I’m so happy you found my post and others and they’ve helped you out! I’m starting to see more and more about them doing their little scam and I hope more bloggers will do their research and find all this great info! Thanks for reading 🙂

Personally I never will pay out of pocket for items that companies want me to be a brand ambassador for. If they want me to wear their stuff & promote it on social media they better be sending it to me for free, and in some cases paying. I usually get paid anywhere from $30 to $100 for a single instagram post, by companies that have either approached me, or I’ve connected with via influencer apps. My case might be a little different, because I have over 30k followers and my account is verified due to my being a music artist & radio personality.
But IMO these brands like Mirina that are spamming peoples social media pages asking them to be a brand ambassador & to pay for the jewelry at a discounted rate… That is the ONLY way they’re making sales. They’re conning girls into feeling “special” and that they’re a “model” if they buy their items. If they were legit or really wanted any of these girls to model they’d send them the items for free. Lord knows they’re not asking Kylie Jenner to buy the items at a 30% discount. I get it when struggling brands can’t afford to pay for social media influencer, but if they’re not giving free product, they can go take a hike.

Thanks formyour comment Sammi! I do believe that’s the whole point of their scam for sure. When you’re new to the world of promotions and blogging/influencing in general, you do feel special when a seemingly legit company approach you. I did and that’s why I got caught up in the scam! Now I’ve been doing this for a while, I can spot a scam a mile away and don’t bother with offers like this anymore. I think it’s different when you’re offered a chance to make money indefinitely off an ambassadorship, like with an affiliate code or similar. But even then I expect a bigger discount and more perks, which I get with the brands I have codes with etc. It’s becoming a more common thing to find these companies scamming new bloggers though and that’s such a frustration to me and many others like you too. I just hope one day there’s an easier way of new girls finding this information to prevent it happening to them and these “companies” can sod off and leave us all to it!

Ugh I too have never recieved my sunglasses and was basically robbed of 20 dollars and I really hope they dont go into my bank account and try to rob me some more! Why? Just why? Such terrible scams!

Awh Cassandra I’m sorry to hear that! Just keep an eye on your bank account and if you need to you can always cancel the payment card and get a new one! It’s such an upsetting situation though x

Giiiirrrrrrl, I APPRECIATE this post so much, I was contacted by Nora NYC today to promote their sunglasses and something felt fishy to me so I did a simple Google search. Thankfully I didn’t place the order, and saved myself from wasting hard earned money!

You’re so welcome Courtney! Love it when my experience saves someone trouble with this scammy AF “company”!

Hi, today I was contacted by boho queen jewelry on instagram, i don’t have that much followers and want to know if they’re legit, has anyone experience with this company?

Hi! A few girls have told me that Boho Queen Jewelry is the same company as Nora NYC and they’re just using another name. I’ve checked them out and they use the same images and the same “web designers” as Mirina and Nora so I would avoid them personally. If you find info on them that proves they’re legitimate though then let us know! Good luck and thanks for reading 🙂

Thank you so much for this post! They also contacted me on Instagram and I’m new so I send them email (after checking that some people they featured also have little followers, like I have) and they responded very quickly approving me what hit me as too weird so I googled! I think the other brands also approached me before but somehow the sunglasses brand looked serious… Thank God I googled before I to joined!
Once again thank you for the post!

You’re so welcome Natalia! They’re very convincing and look very legitimate, so I’m really glad you Googled and saved yourself from their scam!

Thank you so much for this post!! I was also about to fall into this scam and I am so glad that I decided to look at reviews before purchasing! It’s hard out there for a start-up blog! Glad you decided to write this post!! ❤️

Thanks Maddie! It is a real struggle and those first companies who notice you make you feel so excited, so I’m really glad everyone here has done their research! Thanks so much for reading x

Thank you for sharing!! I was just about to purchase sunglasses from Nora NYC and thought I should make sure it’s legit. I have promoted products before but they were free rather than having to pay out of pocket at first so that seemed weird. I received comments on my Instagram from sunnyfashionnyc_ acting under Nora NYC. Also received messages from boholoverserach, bohoambassadorwanted, and lookingformirinabloggers all affiliated with Mirina Collections. So many scams out there these days, you really got to be careful..

You’re so right Jill, there’s more and more of these scams cropping up and a lot of them seem to be the same people, or same ‘companies’! I’ll definitely go and check out those accounts you mentioned as it would be great to do an update on this post and get more information out there. Thanks so much Jill!

Thank you very much for writing this blog post. I too was targeted by NYC sunglasses and I definitely got excited but I’m so glad that I read this before I gave out my number/address/full name to that company. As I’m a fairly new blogger with a small following, it was something different but I’m glad I came across this.

Thank you again, I really do appreciate you writing this post! I’d really love for you to take a look at my blog over at molliebeatrice.blogspot.com too!

Hi Mollie, thanks so much for the sweet feedback! I’m really pleased you found my post and it stopped you getting scammed! It’s so exciting being a newer blogger, but it’s full of scammers like Nora and Mirina who want to take advantage! I’ll definitely give your blog a read, thanks for the link 🙂

Let me know what you think...